Hi there,

I would like to propose adopting
https://github.com/mxinden/rust-open-metrics-client as the official Rust
Prometheus client library.

Next to the source code on GitHub you may find detailed documentation
along with various examples on https://docs.rs/open-metrics-client/ as
well as a comparison with the popular rust-prometheus library on
https://github.com/tikv/rust-prometheus/issues/392.

# Open Issues

In case we reach general consensus on the above, the following issues
still need to be discussed.

## Naming on crates.io

Today the library is published on crates.io (the Rust package registry)
as "open-metrics-client" [1]. The crate name "prometheus" is already
taken on crates.io [2].

Would you want to keep the "open-metrics-client" name on crates.io?

## Code repository

Should we keep the source code at github.com/mxinden for now? Or should
we move the source code to github.com/prometheus-community as an
intermediary step? Or would we want to move it to github.com/prometheus
directly?

Regards,
Max