Hey Prometheus team,

Have noticed asks for tooling around reformatting/manipulating and
generally refactoring sets of queries and rule definitions (where there is
a high number of defined queries). Use cases include such cases as "I want
to duplicate a set of alerts to target different environments with
different label combinations and also conditions".

I opened a PR to add some basic commands given I had seen this earlier PR
mention that there was intention for the PromQL AST pretty print formatting
to be useable from promtool:
https://github.com/prometheus/prometheus/pull/10544

I now realize it may have been better perhaps to raise the question of
if/where it should live here before opening the PR. What would be the
reception of housing these commands in promtool and/or if not there then
where a good recommended place would be for these to live do people think?

PR in question:
https://github.com/prometheus/prometheus/pull/11411

Best,
Rob