On 03 Feb 23:01, Matthias Rampke wrote:
> Will this affect how DNS SD behaves on macOS?
>
> https://danp.net/posts/macos-dns-change-in-go-1-20/

It will not affect DNS SD at all, as it uses a dedicated DNS library.

It could affect static SD but it will not affect Prometheus as we build
it with netgo for all architectures but Windows, ignoring the native
resolver.

Windows has quite a different story because in go1.19 they switched to
netgo by default, but it broke our users who were unable to resolve
using the host file of Windows. Therefore we have special handling in
promu.yml for windows.

My guess is that some mac users might want to also use the native
resolver, but I have not seen such a request yet.

--
Julien Pivotto
@roidelapluie