Hello all,

I've a basic prometheus baremetal setup and it seems the recommend way to
setup HA is with a pair of prometheus servers scraping the same targets.
I've few questions on this:

a) With a HA pair, the prometheus data will be local to both the prometheus
instances. Is it a good idea to have these 2 prometheus instances write to
some sort of a network mounted filesystem like NFS / GlusterFS
filesystem,so that the data is identical for both the prometheus instances
? Has anyone tried this ?

b) AFAIK, with both the ha pairs scraping the same targets, how do i build
a global view of these local prometheus instances? Is federation the only
way with another Prometheus instance scraping the ha pair ?

c) When the 2 ha pair scrape the same targets, are the metric values
identical or slightly different, due to time offsets between the scrapes ?
What happens if my scrape interval for prometheus A is 15sec and Prometheus
B is 16 sec, then do i still need to dedup, since the values will be
different ? What's the right strategy to dedup the metrics ?