Hello,

I found out the follow unexpected beahviour between my prometheus db and
customized client_python exporter:

I've tried to delete metrics from prometheus db using follow Web API
commands:

   - curl -X POST -g '
   http://localhost:9090/api/v1/admin/tsdb/delete_series?match[]=
   <name_metric>
   - curl -X POST -g "
   http://localhost:9090/api/v1/admin/tsdb/clean_tombstones

All the time series metric diseppeared from prometheus db but after few
seconds, probably after the new scraping iteration, all the time series was
restored. (I tried with a two hour time series, very short).
So, the questions is: was the timeseries SAVED in the client_python
exporter (buffer, cache, registry etc) and re-exposed every time to
prometheus or the problem is at prometheus db side?

Is it a configurable option?

Thank you,
Daniele.