> do I need to have snmp generator in my docker file aswell

No, the running snmp_exporter needs only the yaml file which was *output*
from the generator.

I'd suggest you start with the supplied sample snmp.yml, edit it for your
SNMP credentials, and get it working with if_mib.  Then you can look at
using other MIBs with the generator.

The easy way to get credentials into the default snmp.yml is to use a YAML
anchor+alias+merge trick:

if_mib: *&if_mib*
# Put this at the end of the file
*if_mib_secret:*