Hi. I am using Blackbox's ICMP module to check for whether my server is
Pingable or not. I have defined all the targets in a separate file.
Everything was working fine till yesterday, but from then even if I remove
any target from my target file, Prometheus does not take the updated file
and it still showing the targets that are removed in down state. Infact, I
even deleted the whole targets file(Had 2002 servers) all together and
promtool also says file does not exists but still at
localhost:9090/targets, the job is showing 2002/2002 UP.
This is very strange. Can someone help?

Job:
  - job_name: 'Ping-All-Servers'
    metrics_path: /probe
    params:
      module: [icmp_prober]
    file_sd_configs:
      - files:
          - /etc/blackbox/Ping_All_Servers.yml
    relabel_configs:
      - source_labels: [__address__]
        target_label: __param_target
      - source_labels: [__param_target]
        target_label: instance
      - target_label: __address__
        replacement: 172.20.10.99:9115

[root@myserver blackbox]# promtool check config
/etc/prometheus/prometheus.yml
Checking /etc/prometheus/prometheus.yml
  WARNING: file "/etc/blackbox/Ping_Targets.yml" for file_sd in scrape job
"Ping-All-Servers" does not exist
  SUCCESS: 1 rule files found

Checking /etc/alertmanager/alert.rules.yml
  SUCCESS: 64 rules found

Even after this the Targets page show :
Ping-All-Servers (2002/2002 up)
<http://172.20.10.98:9090/targets#job-Ping-All-Servers>