Hi,

What do you mean with "or we have to use images only"?

You can deploy Thanos components individually, yes. For example, you could
start out by just deploying the sidecar component that backs up Prometheus
data at first. Later, you could add the querier component that gives you an
integrated view over data from multiple Prometheus servers. And then later
again, the store gateway and compactor for reading back data from long-term
storage and managing it.

Cheers,
Julius