Hi,

what is the recommended value for --query.lookback-delta when we have
varying frequencies of collection

As we have different networking devices which are emitting the metrics at
their own frequency

for example:

Device 1 to Device 10 --->streaming telemetry is collected every 1 second
Device 1 to Device 10 ---> IFMIB Interface Stats Data collected every 1
minute
Device 1 to Device 10 ---> PROCESSMIB CPU stats Data collected every 5
minute
Device 1 to Device 10 ---> BGPMIB BGP stats are collected every 2 hours

Each and every device has multiple MIBs (variety of data ) collected.

But we have single Prometheus which is scraping every 10 secs and default
stale timer 5mins..

1. Best scrape timer for the above scenario -
   a. Is it going to be 1 sec ?
   b. Is it performance issue?
2. we want to see the actual data points - as this is causing the issue for
some of the most granular data failures are notified after 5mins, even
though it is expected with in 1min
3. Alerting based on no.of times occurrence instead of timer
4. Resolve them based on number times or duration

Please help us here by answering above queries with little more info.

Regards,

Rajesh