There's currently no way of retrieving this unfortunately. Just thinking
about this, doing this would entail retrieving all series identities from
all blocks, and then adding them to a deduped set (some series might be
unique to a block, others might be long-lived and span all blocks), before
counting the size of the set. This could get really expensive because over
all time you might have billions of unique series, and you'd need to
temporarily track all of them for that calculation.

--
Julius Volz
PromLabs - promlabs.com