Hi,
I'm trying to find more in depth data about how Prometheus manages memory
and disk space, my understanding so far is that long-term the data is
written in chunks to disk and mmap-ed, and management for that is left for
the OS, but I can't find how this mmap data is treated when Prometheus is
running in a Kuberentes pod, if the size of the data stored on disk is 16GB
for example, and the pod has a memory limit of 8, would at any point a
query cause the pod to be OOM killed duo to the map being larger than the
memory limit of the pod?

I found this old Prometheus issue about the topic:
https://github.com/prometheus/prometheus/issues/3005, but it was closed
without any final comments.