On Tuesday, 1 September 2020 21:42:39 UTC+1, Zhang Zhao wrote:

> What I needed is to display the “hostname” in the summary so that I can
> extract the hostname on ServiceNow side. Is that possible?

The group_left(x,y,z) means that the result gains labels x,y,z from the RHS
expression.  So you can use $labels.nodename in the alert template.

- alert: HostOutOfMemory
      annotations:
        message: |
          Node memory is filling up (< 10% left)
            VALUE = {{ $value }}
        summary: Host out of memory (instance {{ $labels.instance }} *nodename
{{ $labels.nodename }}*)
      expr: |
        (node_memory_MemAvailable_bytes{job="node-exporter-vm"} /
node_memory_MemTotal_bytes{job="node-exporter-vm"} * 100 < 10)
        ** on(instance) group_left(nodename) **node_uname_info*
      for: 5m
      labels:
        inc: servicenow
        severity: warning

Another option is to set meaningful "instance" labels at scrape time, so
that $labels.instance can be used directly in the alert without having to
do a join.
https://www.robustperception.io/controlling-the-instance-label