We are planning to attempt to generate the load on the Prometheus instance
so that we can identify the right EC2 instance family to run a specific
load.

We have tried https://github.com/ncabatoff/prombench but without
any success, since this has not been touched since 4 years, not compatible
with the latest Prometheus version.

Our requirement is: we would like to generate some load using a synthetic
exporter and target to expose x number metrics on a y number of targets for
x number of hours to identify the right instance size.

Does one have any suggestions to run a tool from an EC2 instance which can
expose targets? If possible can it also hit Prometheus with some queries...?

Appreciate any inputs on the same.

rs vas