On 15/09/2020 06:11, Nick wrote:
Keeping cardinality explosion in mind, what's a decent maximum number of exported metrics that can be considered performant for scraping and time-series processing?

As I mainly need the counter total, I can split the web analytics to reduce the number of possible label combinations, for example:

{ domain, page }
{ domain, browser }

For both of those some level of pre-processing would be advised to reduce cardinality.

For page, remove query strings, etc. (especially as they can contain unique tracking IDs). For the browser convert the user agent header into a general string such as Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc.