Looking at the statfs man page, it suggests that this error would happen if
it is lacking "search" permission (the execute bit) on any of the enclosing
directories.

I would recommend giving +rx on all directories in that path (/pg-data,
/pg-data/postgresql, /pg-data/postgresql/12 and so on) – either to all
(a+rx) or the group that owns them and add the node exporter to that group.
I think this is not a security issue because it allows anyone / that group
to `ls -l` the directories but not to access the files within, unless those
files' permissions are way too wide.

/MR