Hello,

I have my alert configuration written like the following:

- name: pod-status
    groups:
      - name: pod not in expected state
        rules:
          - alert: microservice_status_alert
            expr: kube_pod_container_status_running == 0
            for: 2m
            labels:
              severity: critical
            annotations:
running.\nPod: {{ $labels.pod }}.\nInstance: {{ $labels.instance }}*

Alert that I received on email looks like this:

*Labels*
alertname = microservice_restart_alert
cbacid = cbac1
*Annotations*
* description = some microservice has restarted 3 times. Pod-name:
some-5cb95695c-cpgvk. Instance: x.x.x.1:<port>*

Question:
The* new line "\n" given is not getting interpreted* in mail received. I
want description look like this:

description = some microservice has restarted 3 times
Pod-name: some-5cb95695c-cpgvk.
Instance: x.x.x.1:<port>

The above looks more neat.

Please help with the same.