On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 5:37 PM TEST TEST <rbtestprometheusem...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using increase function to track the counter increase to track the
> number of logins in the web application.  We are observing a strange
> scenario, where after an idle time or after the web application is
> redeployed, the counter is not considering the first login after the
> reset.
>
> Is there any way to fix this issue ?

increase() function in Prometheus skips the first data point in a time
series during calculations. It also may return fractional results for time
series with integer data points. See more details at
https://github.com/prometheus/prometheus/issues/3746 . I'm not aware of a
workaround for this in Prometheus. I'd suggest trying MetricsQL
<https://victoriametrics.github.io/MetricsQL.html> instead - it should
return the expected result from increase() function for your case.