Thank you Christian,

For now, assuming I don't/can't fix the labels, this should give me
CPU usage > 90% on "non-SQL servers" (by hostname convention)

         +-------------- percentage of time the machine is idle
--------------+

 ((100 - (avg by (instance) (irate(wmi_cpu_time_total{mode="idle"}[5m])) *
100)) > 90) and on(instance) wmi_cs_hostname{hostname!~".*SQL.*"}
 ^^
 |+--------------------- percentage of time the machine is not idlea

 +---------------  percentage of time the machine is above 90% utilization
----------+ and +---- hostname NOT an SQL server ---------------+