On 2021-01-13 16:11, Tom Gregory wrote:
The relabelling process doesn't happen on the _up _metric, so the
metric doesn't have the correct labels I need for my query.

To illustrate this, imagine I have two services generating metrics

        * service A generates metrics with a label svc="service-a"
        * service B generates metrics with a label svc="service-b"

For whatever reason I want to relabel _svc_ to _service_. This works
for all the metrics other than _up_.

I want to run Prometheus queries against different metrics using a
consistent set of labels (e.g. _service _rather than _svc_). This is
especially important using visualisation tools like Grafana (imagine a
_service _drop down box).

Are the metrics from those two services coming from the same scrape or separate scrapes?

The up metric gives details per-scrape, so the labels attached to it are based on the service discovery relabling process. Is that how you are adding the "svc" label?

--
Stuart Clark