I have one more question for node_exporter: say if I want to get ec2
instance cpu metrics for *lots* of clusters, do I need to run node_exporter
on every node in all clusters? From the doc of node_exporter, it looks like
one exporter will only collect metrics for the node it's running on, which
means in my case I do need to install node_exporter on every nodes for all
clusters.
If that is the case, then node_exporter might not work for my case -- I
can't run a node_exporter on every node. Then cloudwatch exporter can do
this since I only need one exporter instance to collect all ec2 instance
cpu metrics in one region, but it's just slow.