On 04/08/2021 06:41, intelops appstek wrote:

Prometheus metrics are different in different iterations even though application, load testing, hardware configurations are same in all cases. Kindly, anyone let me know the reason for this.

I have created a container with simple "Hello World" web application and load testing it with 1000 users. Container is deployed in Digital Ocean cloud environment and container metrics are gathered using Prometheus. I'm capturing the maximum CPU and maximum memory utilization.

For every iteration(where I load test with 1000 users) I run, I'm getting different maximum CPU and Memory utilization metrics.

My assumption is, if the test parameters and hardware configurations remains same, the maximum utilization metrics also should remain same.

Question - why I'm getting different metrics?

I'd not expect identical results, but I'd expect things to be pretty similar. The real world intrinsically contains an amount of randomness, so things should be slightly different - scrapes happen at slight different points, data takes slightly longer or shorter to read from the disk or network, background processes kick in at slightly different points, etc.

Are you seeing wildly different results between your runs?

--
Stuart Clark