On 2021-12-24 13:09, rashmi Rashmitha wrote:
Hi Team,

I need to get firing alert when 99th percentile of response time is
10ms. and this I have achieved using histogram_quantile and
configured this in rule expr.
Firing alert thrown as expected.

For some reason, the metric is gone and when the metric is not
available, prometheus is resolving the alert.
I wanted to get resolve alert only when the metric is present and
histogram_quantile for that metric is less than 10ms. please suggest.

Alerts resolve if the expression no longer returns any results.

So it will resolve both when the 99th percentile is below 10ms or if the metric no longer exists.

--
Stuart Clark