On 06/01/2022 14:46, Eden Borochov wrote:
A while can take a few minutes,
I am testing the metrics on the push gateway server after running lambda.
I expect that metrics should be immediately updated in the push gateway as there is a gauge registry in lambda.
 What do you mean by scrape interval,
 the one that I found for Pushgateway -> management_metrics_export_prometheus_pushgateway_pushRate, and this one is defined to 1ms

Prometheus works by scraping endpoints for metrics. Ideally this is scraping the applications themselves or exporters, but in your case this is the Pushgateway.

So you need to look at your prometheus.yaml configuration (also visible via the Prometheus UI) to see what it is set to.

I would never expect things to be "instant" - you should expect it to take 1 or 2 scrape intervals for things to be visible. You'd normally have the scape interval set to between about 15 seconds and say a minute.

--
Stuart Clark