On Tuesday, 7 June 2022 at 09:55:33 UTC+1 sup...@gmail.com wrote:

> That won't work because labelmap needs a `source_labels` to act on.

No, I don't believe that's true. I've just tested the following and it
works fine:

    relabel_configs:
      - action: labelmap
        regex: "(__address__)"
        replacement: "dummy$1"

Metrics now have an extra "dummy__address__" label.

What I suspect is happening here is that the OP is using relabel_configs
when they should be using metric_relabel_configs.

* relabel_configs is applied *before* the scrape takes place. It can
therefore only affect labels which are returned by the service discovery.
* metric_relabel_configs is applied *after* the scrape takes place.  It
processes all the metrics returned by the exporter, and therefore can see
labels which the exporter itself has generated.