Can you show the exact curl command line, with just the hostname replaced
with "example.com" ?

Try:

  - targets:
    - another_prom_server:9090

or

  - targets:
    - another_prom_server:443

or whatever is appropriate.  (I note you set "scheme: https" - is that
correct? Is this prometheus running behind a reverse proxy or ingress
proxy, or configured with web.config to serve TLS?)