Hello,

I have a job that periodically pushes multiple metrics (3 different metric
names, each metric has multiple counts, each with a different combination
of label values).

I push to

#{push_gateway_host}/metrics/job*/my_job/*instance/my_instance

My desired behavior would be for all previous pushes to be "forgotten".
This is where I have trouble understanding the documentation with using PUT
vs POST <https://github.com/prometheus/pushgateway#put-method>. According
to the documentation:

> PUT is used to push a group of metrics. All metrics with the grouping key
specified in the URL are replaced by the metrics pushed with PUT.

Reading this, my understanding is that PUT is what I need. However, below I
also read this:

> POST works exactly like the PUT method but only metrics with the same
name as the newly pushed metrics are replaced (among those with the same
grouping key).

What does "metrics with the same name" mean? If my push contains 30
measurements about 3 metrics (10 measurements for each metric, each for a
different set of labels), which metrics are replaced?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Markos