Hello All,

I have 100 instances where I install node exporter and through Prometheus,
I am pulling those instances metrics. Now I want to find the least used
instances among those based on certain parameters like Total CPU cores, CPU
used, Total Memory, and Memory Used.

For example, we will consider some of the values of the instance as below:

[image: cpu.PNG]

generally, we will high priority on cores and then memory. There are 64
cores, and 48 cores.. similarly, there are 251 GB, and 125 GB of memory.

Considering all these parameters we have to assign ranks in such a way that
these servers are least used.

I thought of combining two queries( Total CPU remaining cores and Total
Unused memory) then we will get the value and we will sort it. But I don't
think it is the correct approach.

Any leads?

Thanks & regards,
Bharath Kumar.