We are evaluating using Prometheus agent mode in a highly available manner
to forward metrics to a 3rd party remote storage using remote write API.
We need to have multiple shards and multiple replicas per shard. Our 3rd
party remote storage does not handle deduplication on their side.

Could someone point me to different options for metrics deduplication on
ingestion?