On 20/11/2022 22:53, Julio Leal wrote:
Hi everyone!
I'm doing a study about how much time we have in our prometheus instances.
First of all, I thought that prometheus memory grew because number timeseries ingested. I thought like this because timeseries stay in memory to recover informations more faster. But I got timeseries from last 3 months and I found that my timeseries ingested was grew little, like this graph and in the same time, I needed to increase the memory ram and CPU of the our instances sometimes.

There was an interesting talk at the recent PromCon EU (https://promcon.io/2022-munich/talks/why-is-it-so-big-analysing-the-m/) which is available on YouTube, but basically the main memory usage is generally due to the number of time series, with only a very minor usage due to queries.

--
Stuart Clark