Hello guys.

I am scraping some metrics wich ar ethen shipped of to an Elastic agent to
be ingested into Elasticsearch. All seems fine to start with, but after
some time, metrics stop comming in, and the prometheus logs shows a lot of
entries like this:

ts=2023-01-18T10:51:46.125Z caller=dedupe.go:112 component=remote
level=warn remote_name=010ca8
url=http://agent-svc.observability.svc.cluster.local:9201/write msg="Failed
to send batch, retrying" err="Post
\"http://agent-svc.observability.svc.cluster.local:9201/write\": context
deadline exceeded"

ts=2023-01-18T10:51:20.364Z caller=dedupe.go:112 component=remote
level=debug remote_name=010ca8
url=http://agent-svc.observability.svc.cluster.local:9201/write msg="Not
downsharding due to being too far behind"

I am guessing that Prometheus is trying to tell me something, but i just
dont know what.

Checking the TSDB status on the prom UI it tells me that Number of series
is 8439 wich does not sound like a lot.
Any help would be very appreciated.

Best regards
Christian Oelsner