I have a similar usecase where I have json files with metrics which also
has Timestamps (string format). Do I need to  backfill the data into
prometheus or write a exporter. I have tried the latter. so a sample of my
data has :
{some attributes (including timestamp)} value
I used the observable gauge using Measurment<T> in C#.
But the metric I am getting in prometheus is like this:
metric_name{attribute1:attribute1_value,
.........timestamp:timestamp_value} value timestamp
I want the my timestamp_value present in the attribute to be the actual
timestamp of the prometheus and not the current timestamp recorded by
prometheus. Any suggestions???