experimentally, I'm able to read data from downstream Prometheus instances
with 3-4 levels between them. For example, consider this for simplicity
PromA   *-----remote-read----> *PromB *----remote-read----->*
ExternalStorage

I am able to get data points in PromA that are fetched remotely from
ExternalStorage. Similarly, I am able to write data points from PromA to
ExternalStraoge.

Is there any caveat with this approach besides reliability issues in
introducing multiple points of failure on the read/write path?