On 2023-03-27 14:43, sayf.eddi...@gmail.com wrote:
Hello, I have looked online and I cant find any best practices for
filling up the description and the summary. from the examples I see
that Summary should be the shortest (plus the minimum usage of
labels). But maybe it is an observation bias.

I am trying to generate some automatic documentation around alerting
and having a lot of labels makes it as user friendly as reading the
yaml file directly

It really depends how you are wanting to use those. If you are wanting to use the summary in an email's subject line then you probably want it to be fairly short for example. You can have as many labels/annotations as you like, so you don't even have to have one called "summary" if you don't want to, and there's nothing stopping you from having much more specific labels (e.g. severity, service, environment) which you can then include in email/ticket subjects.

--
Stuart Clark