That's definitely something that can be done _using_ Prometheus, but not
something done _within_ it.

You'd have an application which uses the query API (or is sent live data via
remote write) to fetch metrics and then does whatever calculations are needed
(for example using machine learning methods). You might then expose back new
metrics to represent the outcome of those calculations (via scraping, remote
read or remote write) which can then be used for visualisation and alerting.

Broadly what you are talking about is anomaly detection, which have a lot of
ideas, PoCs, tools and blog articles created - you will find various ideas and
ways to achieve such things from talks given at PromCon over the past years for
example.