We are using Prometheus for displaying several gauge type metrics. This
specific gauge would always be increasing as it demonstrates total value.

>From the query we could able to retrieve value that shows always in the
increasing order across several intervals of 10s.

1680090660000000000 vsdptas1pcar-tas01.tc.corp see-1 cap_tcapProvider1
NEXUS_CAP_SERVICE_VOICE cap_tcapProvider1 *18646863*   <-- human time
13:51:00

1680090670000000000 vsdptas1pcar-tas01.tc.corp see-1 cap_tcapProvider1
NEXUS_CAP_SERVICE_VOICE cap_tcapProvider1 *18647216*   <-- human time
13:51:10

But when we plot the graph, sometimes this shows dip in the line which is
abnormal for a non-decreasing metrics.

I have attached the graph for reference.

Does the UI have some bug or are we doing anything wrong in here, ?[image:
Prometheus1.jpg][image: Prometheus2.jpg]