Let's say we have two gauges, *progress_current* and *progress_goal*.

*progress_current* is gradually increasing until it eventually meets
*progress_goal*.

How can we write an expression that will tell us the time in seconds until
progress_current meets *progress_goal*?

I have seen a bunch of examples for predicting when a disk will fill, but
these all seem to rely on the assumption that a gauge is trending
downwards, and we are predicting when it meets zero.

Such as:
time() - (node_filesystem_free_bytes{mountpoint="/"} /
deriv(node_filesystem_free_bytes{mountpoint="/"}[4h]) < 0)

In this case we want to predict it trending upwards until it reaches some
other gauge target.

Thanks!