Hello,
I use last version prometheus and alertmanger -(Nov 2023)
*I'm try use Prometheus templating. anyone can explain how define template?*

many sample here in the official website,
https://prometheus.io/docs/prometheus/latest/configuration/template_examples/

but they dont describe where put the template exactly ? which file ?

{{/* Define the template */}} {{define "myTemplate"}} do something {{end}}
{{/* Use the template */}} {{template "myTemplate"}}

Ok, but where, put this ?

I can declare template file in /.../alertmanager.yml   (conf file)

templates:
- /etc/prometheus/templates/*.tmpl