You have an error in your file "splunkalerts_rules.yml", but you haven't
shown it. The message even tells you exactly what line the error is in.

It looks to me though like you're trying to put a Kubernetes resource
definition file in place of a Prometheus rules file. Both are YAML, but
they have different structures.

The YAML format that Prometheus expects is documented
here:
https://prometheus.io/docs/prometheus/latest/configuration/alerting_rules/
(including an example of what a valid file would look like)