Dear PG users and developers,

With help from a few special people over the past few months, we have
ironed out many issues with the CVS version of Proof General and I think
it is good enough to make into an official release --- the first in over
two years.

In the hope of nipping the last few problems, I'd be grateful for users
and developers to try out the current pre-release, through *this week*:

  http://proofgeneral.inf.ed.ac.uk/devel

and report any problems in the usual place

  http://proofgeneral.inf.ed.ac.uk/trac/

I'm aiming to make the release a week from today.

Many thanks in advance,

 - David