On 1 Aug 2012, at 04:35, Jon Lockhart wrote:

> Phil,
>
> I ran the original yum setup you gave me. Unfortunately the polyml from the
> yum install was not placed in the user/lib path, and I could not find it, so
> I just built a copy of 5.4 myself and was able to get that installed no
> problem in the /user folder.
>
> Now I believe I am running into the issue you mentioned about Motif. I went
> to motifzone.net and downloaded the latest version which was an rpm and I
> grabbed the Fedora 12 version since it was the closest version to 17. The rpm
> installed just fine, though some compatibility packages had to be downloaded
> and installed as well. Now unfortunately the configure file for ProofPower is
> not finding Motif installed.

You can use the PPMOTIFHOME environment variable to tell the configure script
where Motif is. Something like:

PPMOTIFHOME=/usr/local/ ./configure

I don't know where the rpm will have put the Motif installation, but you should
be able to find that out with an rpm enquiry.

Does that help?

Regards,

Rob.