Roger, Thank for once again trying to clarify Existential Elimination.
Sorry for being to thick-headed, but I still don't get it.  What is
confusing is the 3 parameters.  e.g. In this partial proof, there is only
one premise, but you mention 2?

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 21:35:59 +0100
> From: Roger Bishop Jones <r...@rbjones.com>
> To: proofpower@lemma-one.com
> Subject: Re: [ProofPower] ?_elim
>
> David,
>
> The existential rule most closely analogous to universal instantiation
> is existential introduction.
> The ?_elim rule is more complex, and the name perhaps misleading.
> The conclusion is always exactly the conclusion of the second premise.
> The existential "eliminated" is the conclusion of the first premise.
> But its probably clearer to think of the first premise being used to
> eliminate an assumption in the second premise which is a witness to the
> existential in the first premise.
>
> In your proof, the effect realised is to introduce an existential in the
> assumptions (in both cases).
>
> Roger

I think I need a simpler example perhaps. How about this one?

Prove ∀x(W(x)⇒R(x)),∃xW(x) ⊢ ∃xR(x)

Starting out like this:

"Existential Elimination";
val L1 = asm_rule ⌜∃x⦁W(x)⌝;
val L2 = asm_rule ⌜W(b):BOOL⌝;
val L3 = ∃_elim ⌜x⌝ L1 L2;
=GFT
val it = "Existential Elimination": string
:) val L1 = ∃ x⦁ W x ⊢ ∃ x⦁ W x: THM
:) val L2 = W b ⊢ W b: THM
:) val L3 = ∃ x⦁ W x, W b ⊢ W b: THM

It does seem to be close, but it introduced a new premise  W b

It I don't do that, what is the third parameter to ∃_elim?
It seems I need 2 THMs but only have 1!

Thank you in advance for all your wonderful contributions to this software
and explanations of how to use it!
-Dave