Fabian Hartery wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have some real strange behavior going on with the dreaded hidden pins.
> These are being assigned sub-nets and are showing global netlist behavior
> where none exists. That means, a floating terminal of part 1, pin 2, is
> shown associated with pin 2 of part 2. I would have suspected that a parts
> definitions are held in a 'local' definition and not a global one. I can't
> see  an applicable rule affecting this, unless there is a rub in the
> protocol of creating a netlist.

Hidden pins will be assigned to a net containing all hidden pins of the
same name in any component.  This is one of the hazards of using hidden
pins.

Hidden pins are intended to be used for power and ground, which you
normally would want connected on all components.  DO NOT use hidden pins
to represent unused or "no connect" pins, or Protel will connect them
all together.

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF