From: Greg Olson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 9:41 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: [PEDA] EMC question

Hi all..

I've got a 2.5"x3.5" plug on daughterboard which contains my processor,
memory, flash, etc... The processor is a 20MHz AM186 driven by a 20MHz
crystal. I just had this system in for FCC EMC testing and found that the
20MHz crystal is bleeding its harmonics (especially 80MHz) all over
everything! It's getting onto the IO lines from the daughterboard to the
main board and from there onto just about every wire leaving the enclosure!

Can anyone give suggestions as to the best way to isolate this clock signal
in a relatively tight space? This is a 4 layer board, top layer signal, next
layer ground, then Vcc then signal again.

Thanks in advance,

Greg Olson
DSX Access Systems

*                      - or email -