When Protel (or what ever they call themselves today) pestered me the other
day about upgrading my 98SE license (probably cause I downloaded a demo of
99se and bugged them with printer problems :o) I told them straight " Make a
version to run on FreeBSD / Linux and you will not only get me and all the
other users to buy, but you will also pick up all the Mac users as OsX is
just FreeBSD re compiled for a Motorola chipset and heavily tweaked, but it
still runs all the FreeBSD apps" the reply was " I will pass it on to R&D,
and get back to you" 4 weeks on NO REPLY so I guess I am staying on 98, it
does schematics as well as 99SE IMHO and I can manually route PCB's just as
well so there is no need to upgrade.

Has any of the *nix users here tried protel under VMware ?? as I have been
told it is about the best bet for running Protel, but do not have a copy and
it is not freeware or GPL AFAIK

Regards,

Kat.

 /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  |        K.A.Q. Electronics
 \ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail | Software and Electronic Engineering
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail  |      Perth Western Australia
 / \                                            |        Ph +61 419 923 731