My biggest gripe of M$ OS's is that to install most programs you need to
reboot, and if you are installing multiple programs and choose not to
reboot, funny registry corruption can occur (which is hit and miss, may
happen to 1 of 10 identical builds)

Atleast with the *nix's unless changing hardware, their is no need to touch
the power switch, infact I hardly ever even use need to reboot (only after a
kernel re compile)

Add this to the license issues, and I can fast see why *nix is taking over,
sure installation is not user friendly YET, but it is getting their, a new
version is rumoured to be released soon that will allow easy auto config for
hardware, boots straight to the GUI .... Basically OsX for a PC :o)

Regards,

Kat.

 /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  |        K.A.Q. Electronics
 \ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail | Software and Electronic Engineering
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail  |      Perth Western Australia
 / \                                            |        Ph +61 419 923 731