It would not surprise me in the
> least to find that the Specctra import was not set up to properly treat
> such vias. But perhaps someone knows better....

Abdul,

You are sort of correct.....Spectra recognizes them you just have to
identify them by name from the dsn file.  I tried to assign names to vias in
Protel once.  But protel still exported them as via1 via2 via3 and you
really don't know what via 1, via 2  is until you examine the dsn file with
as a text file. Once this is done it is a matter of selecting the vias for
your routing in spectra.  The is a menu in specta to delselect then select
vias or the command line can be used.

Mike Reagan
EDSI
Frederick MD