Another solution, besides those already given, is to use, in the footprint,
through pads the size of vias and with the same hole size, given the same
net as the SM pad. You will have complete DRC protection....

Another solution which might be better in some ways is to add a test point
(single hole) part, one on each unused pin. Once one knows how to copy and
paste, it would be very quick to add these to the schematic, one click per
pad or even several pads with a single click.

These will then be incorporated into the net list; an advantage is that
they can each be given a number which can appear on the legend, making such
changes easier to document and recognise.

There are also ways to speed up the PCB side of this, but I won't go into
detail now.

Note that it is an advantage to be able to move the test or wiring points
if routing requires it... You can move pads included inside a footprint by
unlocking the footprint in the Edit dialog; but I'd prefer adding separate
parts; the separate parts can be made into a Union with the flat pack to
which they adhere, so they will move around together.