From: Danny Bishop [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 11:06 AM
To: 'Protel EDA Forum'
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Soldering Techniques

HI Adeel

Wave soldering is only choice for soldering through hole parts in bulk. You
can potentially save money by putting SMD parts on the opposite side to the
thru hole parts and solder them all in one go. Wave soldering is not as
reliable as reflow however, and requires adherence to fairly restrictive
placement rules, which limit the density.

Reflow is more reliable, and allows a denser layout of SMD components, but
is an extra process if you are already wave soldering the through hole
parts.

regards

Danny