Here is my take on the situation:

    If, every mouse & video card combination I have used to date auto-scrolls &
manipulates any other software's windows fine
without bugs & clunking, WHY should there be a special case for Protel where bugs
should be acceptable when you happen to own not
the correct combination of hardware?

    The only way I would NOT consider this a bug, is if, and only if, Protel / Altium
made clear print on their hardware system
requirements that you should never use ATI, or Matrox video cards, with these specific
mice, or, mention that the auto-pan may
malfunction under these circumstances.

    When purchasing such an expensive product & an expensive professional PC, I would
consider this auto-pan issue fundamental,
since when using Protel, I plan to design some PCBs.  If it were not for this group,
"Protel EDA Forum", my new development PC would
might have had the new Matrox Parhelia only to find out that this 600$ card would turn
out to be a lemon with Protel.  I can't even
chance getting a professional work-station grade NVIDIA card.  For all I know, slight
differences in it's GPU code might lock up the
auto-pan as well.  Sad to say, I'm going to use a cheap GF4MX.  The same card which is
in my current system.  It's the only way I
could be certain that a 2.5GHz system will not run more sluggishly than my current
1.0GHz system.  This is the main reason why I
will not upgrade to ATS.  If Altium/Protel can not hire a single coder who has good
experience debugging, or correcting odd windows
glitches where 99% of existing other software has no issues with the same hardware, I
can not in confidence dish out more money to
get the next software which probably has the same, & perhaps new draw backs.

Brian Guralnick
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice (514) 624-4003
Fax (514) 624-3631