there's always a next victim, plenty of Enrons or Barings in the world
to chose from (anyone remember _that_ one? ).
What concerns me is the little victims, who get squeezed somewhere in the
middle. Management gets record paychecks and benefits, companies file
chapter 11 , shareholders get shafted, stockmarkets collapse , world
recession, WW3, that's fine . But don't mess with my CAD programs and change
the data structures , menu options and keyboard shortcuts every other day ,
I'm too old to learn new stuff for free . Actually far from free, I'd have
to pay for it twofold, send them my money _and_ waste my time=more money to
get close to what I do now with the old tools , should the Software Bugs
Gods and the purgatory of  ATS allow it .
    Unfortunately I've seen this kind of scenario happen time and again,
been in companies which went this route and I think Altium has no control
over its own fate now. The dice were cast probably over one year ago,
business plans a la Iridium were concocted, acquisitions and mergers
devised, new management in place, new name, a huge machine got rolling . Now
it's a year later and the damage is done . This is like the Titanic when
they saw the iceberg, before they hit . All is still fine but not for long
and the writing is on the wall.

My Deepest Condolences,

Matt Tudor , MSEE
http://www.gigahertzelectronics.com